• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > Driver in New Orleans 'act of terrorism' not 'solely responsible': FBI
International

Driver in New Orleans 'act of terrorism' not 'solely responsible': FBI

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

New Orleans [US], January 2 (ANI): The US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) on Wednesday (local time) stated that it does not believe Shamsud Din Jabbar, the car driver who carried out the New Orleans attack, was “solely responsible” for the ‘act of terrorism’.

Jabbar rammed his car into a crowd on Bourbon Street during New Year’s celebrations, killing 10 people and injuring 35 others.

The suspect was found with an ISIS flag and multiple suspected explosive devices in the car while carrying out the attack, which the FBI has classified as “an act of terrorism.”

Alethea Duncan, an assistant special agent in charge of the FBI’s New Orleans field office, said the investigation is “aggressively running down every lead, including those concerning Jabbar’s known associates.”

“That’s why we need the public’s help. We’re asking if anybody has any interactions with Shamsud Din Jabbar in the last 72 hours that you contact us,” she said during a news conference.

“The FBI is asking for the public’s help. We’re asking anyone who has information, video or pictures to provide it to the FBI,” she added.

Duncan also mentioned that an ISIS flag was found on the trailer hitch of the vehicle used by Jabbar. The FBI is working to determine Jabbar’s “potential associations and affiliations with terrorist organisations,” she said.

The FBI has identified Shamsud Din Jabbar as a US citizen from Texas, and officials confirmed he had previously served in the US Military, according to a CNN report.

In a statement on X, the FBI wrote, “This morning, an individual drove a car into a crowd of people on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, killing a number of people and injuring dozens of others. The subject then engaged with local law enforcement and is now deceased. The FBI is the lead investigative agency, and we are working with our partners to investigate this as an act of terrorism.”

Meanwhile, US President Joe Biden condemned the attack, saying, “There is no justification for violence of any kind, and we will not tolerate any attack on any of our nation’s communities.”

Earlier, President-elect Donald Trump reignited the debate over immigration and crime following the car-ramming incident, blaming Democrats for dismissing his warnings about criminal migration into the US.

Democrats for dismissing his warnings about criminal migration into the US.

In a post on Truth Social, Trump said, “When I said that the criminals coming in are far worse than the criminals we have in our country, that statement was constantly refuted by Democrats and the Fake News Media, but it turned out to be true. The crime rate in our country is at a level that nobody has ever seen before. Our hearts are with all of the innocent victims and their loved ones, including the brave officers of the New Orleans Police Department. The Trump Administration will fully support the City of New Orleans as they investigate and recover from this act of pure evil!” (ANI)

You Might Also Like

NAM Summit: MoS Rajkumar Ranjan highlights inclusion of African Union at India's G20 summit
India and France elevate bilateral ties through special global strategic partnership focused on stability, innovation, and shared prosperity | Cliq Latest
UK Defence Minister to visit Israel, West Bank to push humanitarian aid in Gaza
"They followed my every step": Hezbollah-linked NGO targeted Israeli in London
Study examines link between underwater landslides and tsunamis

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Nifty, Sensex open higher in 2nd session of 2025, result season starts next week
Next Article Fabtech Technologies Cleanrooms Limited IPO Opens On January 03, 2025

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?