AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi, who was part of a multi-party Indian delegation visiting Gulf countries, has strongly criticised Pakistan for its reliance on China and slammed the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) for not naming The Resistance Front (TRF) in its resolution on the Pahalgam terror attack. In an exclusive interview with CNN-News18, Asaduddin Owaisi accused Pakistan of running a misinformation campaign against India and said the delegation worked to expose these falsehoods on the global stage.
China’s Role in Shielding Pakistan
Asaduddin Owaisi said the group highlighted how China had helped Pakistan by blocking India’s efforts to designate TRF—a terror outfit believed to be behind the April 22 Pahalgam attack—in the UNSC’s formal condemnation. While the Council had issued a strong statement denouncing the attack and reaffirmed that terrorism is a serious threat to international peace and security, it omitted any direct mention of TRF despite India’s repeated efforts. Asaduddin Owaisi alleged that a Chinese diplomat, who led the South and Central Asia group at the UN, supported Pakistan’s request to instead highlight groups like the Balochistan Liberation Army and the Majeed Brigade—deflecting attention from Pakistan-backed terror outfits operating against India.
Pakistan’s Fake Military Narrative and Ceasefire Row
Asaduddin Owaisi also addressed Pakistan’s attempts to showcase a fabricated victory against India through visual propaganda. He mocked Pakistan’s army chief Asim Munir for gifting a painting to PM Shehbaz Sharif which was later found to be a recycled image from a Chinese military drill. The painting was falsely presented as a depiction of Pakistan’s military operation against India. Online users quickly exposed the ruse, revealing that the image had been lifted from old footage of Chinese army exercises.
On the topic of ceasefire, Asaduddin Owaisi noted that the agreement between India and Pakistan followed a direct conversation between the Directors General of Military Operations (DGMOs) of both countries, which was only finalised after Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s approval. However, he expressed disappointment that the announcement came not from Indian leadership, but through a tweet by then US President Donald Trump, who claimed credit for mediating the truce.
The delegation, led by BJP MP Baijayant Panda and comprising MPs from multiple parties including BJP and independents like Ghulam Nabi Azad, visited Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Algeria as part of India’s diplomatic outreach following the Pahalgam attack and Operation Sindoor.
