• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > International > Air defences intercept one ballistic missile launched from Yemen: Israel Defence Forces
International

Air defences intercept one ballistic missile launched from Yemen: Israel Defence Forces

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

Tel Aviv [Israel], January 18 (ANI): The Israel Defence Forces (IDF) said on Saturday that air defences intercepted one ballistic missile launched at Israel from Yemen, The Times of Israel reported. Sirens had sounded in central Israel and Jerusalem over fears of falling fragments after the interception of missile.

The IDF said that ballistic missile that was intercepted was launched by Ansarullah from Yemen, The Times of Israel reported. According to IDF, there were no immediate reports of injuries or major damage.

In a post on X, IDF stated, “Sirens sounding across central Israel and Jerusalem following a projectile that was launched from Yemen.”

🚨Sirens sounding across central Israel and Jerusalem following a projectile that was launched from Yemen🚨 pic.twitter.com/4S68zY6dUI

— Israel Defense Forces (@IDF) January 18, 2025

Police said that they have received reports of debris and shrapnel from the intercepted missile launched from Yemen that fell in Jerusalem, The Times of Israel reported. According to police, some pieces fell in an open area near Moshav Bar Giora, while other fragments fell near a gas station next to Mevo Beitar. A large part of the missile fell in a field near Beitar llit, The Times of Israel reported, citing Hebrew media.

Police asked people not to touch the fragments. It further said that sappers were working at the site to remove them. In addition, police is also conducting searches for further debris. Earlier this week, a large chunk of a Houthi missile fell at a house in Mevo Beitar, the report said.

Meanwhile, IDF announced that it is making preparations for the ceasefire and hostage deal with Hamas, which was given approval by the government overnight and is scheduled to begin on Sunday. In the statement posted on X, the Israeli military said that IDF has been preparing to receive the hostages after they get released from the Hamas captivity.

In a post on X, IDF stated, “The IDF is preparing to implement the agreement for the return of the hostages that was approved by the political echelon overnight (Saturday). The agreement will take effect on Sunday, January 19th, at 08:30, and as part of it, IDF troops will implement the operational procedures in the field in accordance with the set agreements.”

“The IDF has been preparing to receive the hostages after their release from Hamas captivity and is operating to provide suitable physical and psychological support, with careful attention to every detail. Alongside the agreement and our commitment to bringing home all the hostages, the IDF will continue to operate in order to ensure the security of all Israeli citizens, particularly those in communities near Gaza,” it added.

By a vote of 24-8, the Israeli cabinet approved the deal, which is set to take effect on Sunday. The deal was approved in the early hours of Saturday. The agreement will initiate the first phase of the ceasefire in Gaza and facilitate the release of both Israeli hostages and Palestinian prisoners. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

PM Modi embarks on strategic Middle East and Africa tour to strengthen India’s diplomatic and economic ties | CliQ Latest
At least 10 killed in Zimbabwe gold mine collapse, search operation underway 
Pak: Imran Khan's party plans to merge with Sunni Ittehad Council if Election Commission returns 'bat' symbol
Thailand becomes first Southeast Asian nation to legalise same-sex marriage
"We can do many more things like joint movies…": South Korean Foreign Minister emphasises cultural ties with India

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article Functioning of biological membranes can be controlled by DNA origami: Study
Next Article Styx Sports Launches Fastest Free Live Cricket Streaming and Real-time Scores Platform

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?