• English
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Marathi
  • German
  • Gujarati
  • Urdu
  • Telugu
  • Bengali
  • Kannada
  • Odia
  • Assamese
  • Nepali
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
Notification
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Home
  • Noida
  • National
    • BulletsIn
    • cliQ Explainer
    • Government Policy
    • New India
  • International
    • Middle East
    • Foreign
  • Entertainment
  • Business
    • Tender News
  • Sports
    • IPL2025
  • Services
    • Lifestyle
    • How To
    • Spiritual
      • Festival and Culture
    • Tech
  • Noida
  • National
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
CliQ INDIA > Sports > AFC 'recognize' Mohun Bagan SG's decision to skip Champions League 2 match against Tractor FC
Sports

AFC 'recognize' Mohun Bagan SG's decision to skip Champions League 2 match against Tractor FC

cliQ India
cliQ India
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

New Delhi [India], November 2 (ANI): The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) recognized Mohun Bagan Super Giant’s decision to skip the AFC Champions League 2 match against Iranian club Tractor FC due to the ongoing Israel-Hezbollah conflict in middle-east.

Earlier on October 7, AFC confirmed that the Indian Super League (ISL) club Mohun Bagan Super Giant have been disqualified from the AFC Champions League Two as they did not field their team against Iranian club Tractor FC.

The Kolkata-based club released a statement on Saturday and said that earlier Mohun Bagan appealed to the AFC and the football governing body a recognized the matters as an “event of force majeure”.

“On 2nd November 2024, Mohun Bagan Super Giant has been communicated by the Asian Football Federation (AFC) that in response to the club’s appeal, the AFC Competitions Committee has decided to recognise the matters raised by Mohun Bagan SG as an event of force majeure,” Mohun Bagan stated.

The statement added that penal consequences which were earlier imposed on the club will not apply and the Kolkata-based club can again take part in the prestigious tournament.

“Consequently penal consequences, as per clause 5.7 of AFC Champions League 2 Competition Regulations shall not apply to Mohun Bagan SG. However, in terms of AFC Champions League 2 Competition Regulation clauses 5.5 and 5.6 even in case of force majeure events MBSG shall stand withdrawn from the tournament for ongoing season,” it added.

Club Statement. #MBSG #JoyMohunBagan #আমরাসবুজমেরুন pic.twitter.com/T9tZAtsDiX

— Mohun Bagan Super Giant (@mohunbagansg) November 2, 2024

Previously, Mohun Bagan Super Giant refused to travel to Iran citing security issues due to the ongoing Israel-Hezbollah conflict and was disqualified from the tournament.

AFC released a statement in October and said that Mohun Bagan are considered to have withdrawn from the prestigious tournament under Article 5.2 of the AFC Champions League Two 2024/25 Competition Regulations.

“In accordance with Article 5.2 of the AFC Champions League Two 2024/25 Competition Regulations (the “Competition Regulations”), the Asian Football Confederation (the “AFC”) confirms that India’s Mohun Bagan Super Giant are considered to have withdrawn from the AFC Champions League Two™ competition after the club failed to report to Tabriz, Islamic Republic of Iran, for their AFC Champions League Two™ Group A fixture against Tractor FC on October 2, 2024,” AFC stated.

It added that all the matches of the Kolkata-based club have been cancelled and considered null and void.

“Consequently, all matches played by Mohun Bagan Super Giant are cancelled and considered null and void in accordance with Article 5.6 of the Competition Regulations. For the avoidance of doubt, no points and goals in the club’s matches shall be taken into consideration when determining the final rankings in Group A pursuant to Article 8.3 of the Competition Regulations,” the statement added. (ANI)

You Might Also Like

AIFF conducts workshop on PoSH in Football House
Kynan, Sabeera win Trap Mixed Team bronze as Nicosia Shotgun World Cup concludes
Its wrong not to give NOCs to Naveen, Mujeeb and Farooqi: Aakash ChopraIts wrong not to give NOCs to Naveen, Mujeeb and Farooqi: Aakash Chopra
IPL: DC skipper Rishabh Pant joins elite list of wicketkeepers with most dismissals
Bangladesh Cricket Faces Uncertainty as Players Meet Officials Amid Deepening T20 World Cup 2026 Venue Crisis | cliQ Latest

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp Telegram Copy Link Print
Share
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Angry0
Wink0
Previous Article U.S. and South Korea Condemn China's Provocative Military Exercises Around Taiwan
Next Article India sees higher employment growth in capital-intensive sectors compared to labour-intensive: Goldman Sachs

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad imageAd image

Latest News

Bengal Falta Repoll 2026: Massive Security Deployment After Election Controversy | Cliq Latest
National
May 21, 2026
Peddi Promotion Event In Bhopal: Ram Charan And AR Rahman Ready For Mega Show | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
Junior NTR Dragon Teaser Out: NTR Stuns Fans With Intense Assassin Avatar | Cliq Latest
Entertainment
May 21, 2026
KKR Vs MI IPL 2026: Manish Pandey And Bowlers Revive Kolkata Playoff Dream | Cliq Latest
Sports
May 21, 2026

//

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

We are rapidly growing digital news startup that is dedicated to providing reliable, unbiased, and real-time news to our audience.

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Follow US

Follow US

© 2026 cliQ India. All Rights Reserved.

CliQ INDIA
  • English – अंग्रेज़ी
  • Hindi – हिंदी
  • Punjabi – ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
  • Marathi – मराठी
  • German – Deutsch
  • Gujarati – ગુજરાતી
  • Urdu – اردو
  • Telugu – తెలుగు
  • Bengali – বাংলা
  • Kannada – ಕನ್ನಡ
  • Odia – ଓଡିଆ
  • Assamese – অসমীয়া
  • Nepali – नेपाली
  • Spanish – Española
  • French – Français
  • Japanese – フランス語
  • Arabic – فرنسي
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?